Yes, that's right, we made yet another visit to the hospital last night. Here is the story: on Saturday night I went bowling with some friends (I guess that wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I seriously felt fine and didn't think it would hurt anything). I actually felt fine bowling...lifting the ball was not the problem. HOWEVER, as I was going to throw the ball down the lane for my last frame my right foot stepped on something sticky which made the rest of my body go flying forward stepping onto the waxy surface...and then I pretty much was like a flying whale down the lane. Just a little embarassing. Luckily, I did not fall on my stomach at all, and it didn't really seem to hurt, just shook me up a little.
As the night progressed I started getting SERIOUSLY sore and could like barely walk. That night when I went to sleep I couldn't even roll over because it was so painful. So, on Sunday afternoon Zach and I thought I should probably call Labor and Delivery and see if they thought I was just sore, or if something could be wrong. They told me to come in immediately.
So off to the hospital we went for the second time. I was lucky and my Dr. just happened to be there finishing off a delivery. He came in and talked to us for a bit. They put me on the monitors and everything and came to the conclusion that our baby is perfectly fine. However, I was once again contracting every 2-3 minutes. The weird thing was that I really wasn't feeling them at that time. I seriously don't know why I have such issues with contractions...it is so annoying! So we had to wait there for 40 minutes to see if they would stop themselves. By the end of that I could totally feel them, but they weren't too bad. Since they didn't stop on their own I had to have another shot of the Tributaline like last time. One shot was sufficient luckily, the contractions stopped and we were sent home.
Unfortunately my Dr. put me on bedrest for the next few days just to ensure that I won't start contracting again and my body can rest from the fall. I hate bed rest. I am so bored, and feel really helpless. It's hard for me to not do my dishes, or the regular things I do each day! But at least it is only for a couple days.
The GOOD NEWS: the little missy TURNED! I don't even think I mentioned before that she was breach, and I have been FREAKING out about it. So I had the Dr. check again since we were there and sure enough her head was down. Good girl:) Oh and I also forgot to mention that I bowled a freaking 180 that night. AMAZING!
13 comments:
WOW Katie, first of all I am so GLAD you and the babe are ok. Second, I had NO idea she was breached but am SO happy she flipped around. Third, a 180? I am SO impressed. I think my best bowling score was like 100. Also, I remembered that I HAVE slipped on that slippery wax and taken a tumble while bowling--so when I told you today that was TOTALLY something I would do, well I was right, because I have! So don't feel embarrassed, it happens to the best of us!
Now NO more trips to the hospital! And get yourself a good book for that bedrest!
i told you bowling puts preg women into labor!!! ugh. well, it sure was fun. and hopefully for you, it was worth the bed rest? maybe not?
katie - this is unbelievable. who is watching andrew these days?? glad you both are doing ok!! keep us updated!
Ohhh my goodness! Hope you're doing all right, that's super scary! If I only would have known...perhaps bowling would have turned breeched Jett around! :-) Let us know if you need any help!
Scary! I've had contractions twice, while laying in bed, and I'd just try to sleep and hope they're gone in the morning. I'm such a pansy! It's worked twice though! And I had an ultrasound yesterday and my little girl is breeched too! I have 10 weeks to go though, so hopefully she gets herself turned around in time!
I'm so glad that you're okay and that you get to be at home (my sister-in-law had to be in the hospital for a month to keep the contractions at bay before delivering her twins a month early!) even though bed rest sounds HORRIBLE. At least it's just a few days! Good luck with everything- no more contractions! 180 is freaking awesome- but not worth it! haha!
Poor Katie, you've had a bit of a rough pregnancy. You need to take it easy girl and keep that baby happy. I know you're growing impatient, I sure am! I still need to get all of my baby stuff out, but once I do that I'm ready for her to be here. I'm 36 weeks today. She's head-down now and has been for a few weeks, so hopefully she be joining us before my scheduled induction, Sept. 21st! Good luck with everything and stay out of the bowling alley. I guess I shouldn't talk, we went hiking last week. Probably not smart. I did go very, very slow and managed not to fall down.
:(
A 180? Yea right. Ha ha ha. Oh Katie, Katie I am so sorry you are on bed rest. Not good for a busy body like yourself!! Take care and hope you feel better! love ya.
flying like a whale! Too funny!!! a 180- that is very impressive. I'm glad to hear that all is still well though!
Sad but very funny post. Katie, I seriously have been thinking about you every day, and just hope that everything is going well. I'm so glad that she turned!
...glad you bowled well!!! sorry you had to go to the hospital! See you realllllly soon!
glad you're ok. you will have really earned this baby by the time she's here :)
This is a crazy story! And I am glad to hear that the two of are doing fine. It sucks that you can't really do all the things you can when you aren't pregnant! Good luck resting and that is a good thing since you need to be geared up for the real contractions! Congrats on the 180! Am I remembering that you were always a good bowler?
Post a Comment